If your property is damaged by a city vehicle, make sure to immediately document the damage (with pictures or video if possible), date/time and any identifying information on the refuse truck.

You're required to report the damage through the CItizen's Service Bureau at (314) 622-4800.

The city often requests that a homeowner obtain two repair estimates for the damage. According to the city, cases are usually resolved one way or another within four weeks.

You can also see if any accidents may have happened in your neighborhood with an interactive map.