A benefit to raise money for the family of a Metro East man terribly burned in an explosion back in April was held Saturday night.
Doug Behme died as a result of complications from the burns he sustained in a natural gas explosion in Maryville. He left behind a wife and children.
Saturday, the Annual Jeffro's Angels Chicken and Beer Fundraiser brought in money for the family.
Organizers raised $10,000 in tickets alone for the fundraiser, and $5,000 more with the silent auction. Altogether, officials said they raised about $17,000 so far.
100% of the proceeds went to the Behme family.