The Missouri Bar's Disaster Recovery Legal Assistance Hotline is now open to help residents dealing with the flood.
According to a press release, residents can call 1(800) 829-4128 to request free legal help from volunteer lawyers.
The press release said Volunteer lawyers will help storm survivors with the following:
- Assistance with medical and property insurance claims
- Counseling on landlord-tenant and real estate property and mortgage questions
- Help with home repair contracts and contractors
- Replacement of wills and other important legal documents lost or destroyed in the disaster
- Consumer protections such as price-gouging and avoiding scams in the rebuilding process
The calls will be screened then referred to lawyers for free advice about disaster-related problems. Callers needing representation in court can also get help.