A worker was alert and conscious Wednesday morning as he was rescued from the rubble after a chimney collapsed on him.
The house on Price in Ladue was being demolished when the chimney collapsed, trapping the worker around 8 a.m. Twenty-seven agencies worked to free the worker, and a doctor from WashU was also on scene.
After working for several hours, the worker was freed and taken on a stretcher to an ambulance.
The man was conscious and breathing as he was being transported. He was even able to lift his head and look around.