The professional fallout continued for Kevin Spacey Friday, as Netflix effectively dumped him from House of Cards. It also shelved plans to release his Gore Vidal biopic Gore.
Media Rights Capital (MRC), which produces House of Cards, announced Spacey's suspension from the series late Friday.
Three new accusers came forward the same night in a report from Buzzfeed News.
The late-day news comes just a day after two new accusers came forward Thursday to accuse the actor of sexual misconduct.
A former House of Cards crew member accused Spacey of groping him en route to the Netflix series' Baltimore set early in the show's run. Meanwhile, another man told Vulture that he began a sexual relationship with Spacey when he was 14, and believes the actor is a "pedophile."
Spacey has not yet responded to USA TODAY's request for a comment on these new accusations. His publicist Staci Wolfe confirmed to USA TODAY that she is no longer working with the actor.
The latest developments:
Three more accusers come forward to Buzzfeed News
The list of allegations against Spacey grows as three new accusers are added to the list.
Dawes said he was a 16-year-old high school junior who volunteered at the Long Wharf Theatre in New Haven, Connecticut, when he met Spacey in 1988. He claims the then-29-year-old actor invited him and a friend over to watch a movie, but when they arrived, Spacey gave him a cocktail and played pornography instead.
When Spacey told Dawes and his friend no one else was coming, Dawes said they decided to leave, describing the encounter as "sleazy and manipulative" but not "pushy" to the news site.
Ebenhoch alleges he was a closeted, 35-year-old military adviser working on the set of 1995’s Outbreak when he met Spacey.
When one of Spacey's assistants asked him to join them in Spacey's trailer, Ebenhoch told the news site, "They asked flat out to engage in a sexual act. It was enough to stun me. It blew me away."
Ebenhoch claims he turned down the offer and avoided Spacey for the rest of filming.
The journalist, who remained anonymous, claims he was in his early twenties when he met Spacey for an interview in London. He claims Spacey invited him out for drinks after the interview and began groping his genitals after they arrived in the club.
"I got up to leave at one point, and (Spacey) sort of grabbed me, and tried to make me stay," he alleged. "I ended up sitting back down. He kept rubbing my leg. I moved seats. He came over and sat next to me again. I was trying not to make a big scene, because I had an assignment to write about him."
Once the journalist left the club, he claims Spacey came out after him. The journalist recounted the story to his editor, and they decided to publish the interview with no byline.
The journalist added that he was unable to write a story about Spacey's advances at the time for fear of outing him as a gay man, a tactic the journalist think Spacey used purposely.
"It has occurred to me since then that there's this weird way that Spacey had discovered that the closet would shield other things," the journalist said. "Being closeted has for him enabled him to use this privacy claim as a shield against anybody looking closely at his actual behavior."
Netflix cuts cord with Spacey on House of Cards
After days of allegations against Spacey and a delay in production on the Season 6 of House of Cards, the streaming service cut ties with the actor in a statement:
“Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey. We will continue to work with (producer Media Rights Capital) during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show. We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film Gore, which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey."
MRC's statement said: “While we continue the ongoing investigation into the serious allegations concerning Kevin Spacey’s behavior on the set of House of Cards, he has been suspended, effective immediately. MRC, in partnership with Netflix, will continue to evaluate a creative path forward for the program during the hiatus.”
Spacey plays lead character Frank Underwood on House of Cards, which Netflix this week confirmed has one season to go. There has been talk of continuing the series by shifting the focus to Claire Underwood, played by Robin Wright.
Former child actor says Spacey touched his thigh in 1991 at age 13
In a guest column for the Huffington Post, actor Danny Lanzetta (Danny Gerard), 40, accused Spacey of touching his thigh when he was 13 years old.
Lanzetta met Spacey when they starred together in the 1991 Broadway play Lost in Yonkers, which Spacey won a Tony for the same year.
Lanzetta says he became "good friends" with the "affable, funny guy" and would often hang out with him in his dressing room.
"It was on one of those nights... that Kevin Spacey put his hand on my thigh," he wrote.
Lanzetta says he does not remember the exact circumstances or how high Spacey placed his hand, describing himself as a diagnosed obsessive-compulsive who has often doubted his memory.
"I treated the Spacey situation as a joke, a punchline at dinner parties. And now I am forced to confront the seriousness of something that I, and my parents, should have treated differently," he writes. "As for Kevin, he’s been able to avoid this for years. Not now. Not anymore."
"Until Kevin comes clean, he won’t deserve absolution for sins he doesn’t even seem to understand," he continued, adding that he applauds Anthony Rapp's decision for speaking out.
USA TODAY has reached out to Spacey's representative for a statement. Lanzetta declined to comment.
U.K.'s Charity Commission questioning Old Vic Theatre, Kevin Spacey Foundation
Britain's Charity Commission, which registers and regulates charities in England and Wales, is "seeking clarification" on allegations made against Spacey while working at the Old Vic Theatre, the commission confirmed to USA TODAY in a statement provided by Charity Commission press officer Kate Bell.
The commission has also contacted The Kevin Spacey Foundation, a non-profit that operates in both the USA and U.K. and provides support to emerging artists and teachers in music, dance, theater and film.
"We expect trustees to ensure their charity has robust safeguarding policies in place to protect all people who come into contact with it," the e-mailed statement read. "This should include having strict procedures in place about how to deal with any allegations that arise. Where appropriate, trustees should report them to the police as well as to the Commission as a serious incident.”
The statement noted that no reports or concerns about safeguarding have been raised to date regarding either organization, but the commission is aware of the allegations and, therefore, began the informal investigation.
According to a report from The Guardian published Thursday, actors and former staff at the not-for-profit theater where Spacey served as artistic director from 2004 to 2015 have accused the theater of ignoring inappropriate sexual behavior by Spacey.
Social media accounts for The Kevin Spacey Foundation, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, have also been taken down. The foundation's website is still active as of Friday afternoon.
USA TODAY has reached out to The Kevin Spacey Foundation for comment.
Scotland Yard investigating report of 2008 assault regarding Spacey
The London Metropolitan Police Service announced Friday that its Child Abuse and Sexual Offenses Command is investigating a new allegation against Spacey made this week.
"On Wednesday, 1 November, City of London Police referred an allegation of sexual assault to the Metropolitan Police Service, also known as Scotland Yard," a London police representative told newspapers The Guardian and The Telegraph. "It is alleged a man assaulted another man in 2008 in Lambeth. Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating."
The department's standard operating procedure is not to identify the subject of any investigation until charges have been filed.
Their investigation is believed to be in response to an incident originally reported by The Sun tabloid and later picked up by mainstream outlets. Their story says a 32-year-old unnamed man said he passed out at Spacey's home when he was 23 years old and woke to find Spacey performing a sexual act on him.
He said he told Spacey to quit and left his house, but not before being warned not to tell anyone else what happened.
Spacey's attorney did not immediately respond to USA TODAY's request for comment.
Scandal costs Spacey his agent, publicist
Kevin Spacey's talent agency, CAA, and publicity firm, Polaris PR, cut ties with the actor late Thursday evening, the Associated Press and Variety report.
CAA had represented Spacey for the past eight years, according to Variety said.
Spacey's agent and attorney did not immediately respond to USA TODAY's requests for comment.
On Tuesday, Netflix and Media Rights Capital announced they were suspending production on House of Cards indefinitely and installed an anonymous complaint hotline with crisis counselors and sexual harassment legal advisers for the crew.
Dutch business forum disinvites Spacey from speaking engagement
The Associated Press reported Friday that a Dutch business forum has canceled a headline appearance by actor Kevin Spacey over allegations of sexual abuse.
BusinessBoost Live, which markets to CEOS and entrepreneurs, said in a statement Friday that “it is not desirable” to let Spacey speak at their Nov. 29 conference in Rotterdam.
The group said it terminated the speaking engagement in consultation with Spacey’s management.
Spacey has previously given appearances at other business conferences including the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Contributing: Associated Press
Kevin Spacey's Hollywood career