The Missouri Department of Transportation announced road closures that might impact drivers heading downtown for Taste of Downtown or Father's Day events.
MoDOT will close about two miles of westbound I-44 to replace pavement at the bottom of the Poplar Street Bridge ramp and replace joints along the bridge over 3rd Street.
The closures are as follows:
Friday starting at 8 p.m.
- All lanes of westbound I-44 at the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge to the Poplar Street Bridge
- All lanes of westbound I-44 and Southbound I-55 from the PSB to the I-44/I-55 split
This closure means drivers will only be able to continue on I-70 to the Stan Musial bridge or exit to Tucker.
Other closures beginning at 7 p.m. Friday are:
- The I-70 express lanes
- The ramp from Washington Avenue to westbound I-44
- The South Memorial Drive ramp to westbound I-44/southbound I-55
- The ramp from the westbound PSB to southbound I-55/westbound I-44
- The ramp from the westbound PSB to Walnut/eastbound I-44
All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday.
For more information and detours, click here.