St. Louis, MO (KSDK) -- More than 25,000 participants will flock to St. Louis, along with their thousands of friendly supporters, for the Go! St. Louis Marathon and family fitness weekend April 14-15.
The race courses will result in several road and lane closures throughout the St. Louis area this weekend.
The following streets will be closed for participant parking around the start/finish area in downtown St. Louis:
- Tucker, between Olive and Chouteau
- Market Street, between Broadway and Compton
- Chestnut, between Tucker and 18th Street
- Pine, between Tucker and 14th Street
- 13th Street, between Market and Pine
- 14th Street, between Market and Pine
- 15th Street, between Market and Pine
- 17th Street, between Market and Chestnut
- 18th Street, between Market & Chestnut
- Olive, between Tucker and Compton
The following Interstate highway ramps will be closed:
- Westbound I-64 at 21st Street, Exit 39A (5 am-3 pm)
- Westbound I-64 at 3000 Market, Exit 38B (5 am-3 pm)
- Westbound I-64 at Forest Park Parkway, Exit 38A (5 am-3 pm)
- Eastbound Hwy. 40 at Market/Bernard, Exit 37A (5 am-3 pm)
- Westbound I-64 at Chestnut St, Exit 38D (6:30 am- 10 am)
The following streets will also be closed as they are part of or surrounding the race course (Approximate times of closures in parentheses):
- Chestnut, from Tucker to 15th Street (midnight-12:00 pm Monday, Apr. 16)
- Pine, from Tucker to 14th Street (midnight-5 pm)
- 13th from Market to Pine (midnight-5 pm)
- 14th Street from Market to Chestnut (4:30 am-1:15 pm)
- Market from Tucker to 18th Street (4:30 am to 1:15 pm)
- Market from Tucker to Broadway (6:30-8:45 am)
- Broadway from Market to Chouteau (6:30-8:45 am)
- Tucker from Olive to Chouteau (6:30 am-8:00 am)
- Olive from Tucker to Lindell (6:30 am-9:45 am)
- Lindell from Olive to Vandeventer (7:00 am-9:15 am)
- Chouteau from Tucker to Broadway (6:30 am-8:45 am)
- Broadway/7th Street from Chouteau to Arsenal (6:30-8:40 am)
- Lynch Street from 7th to 13th (6:30-8:40 am)
- 12th Street from Lynch to Victor (6:30 am-8:40 am)
- Victor from 12th to 7th St (6:30 am-8:40 am)
- Market from 18th Street to Compton (7:30 am-1:15 pm)
- Forest Park Avenue/Parkway from Compton to Union (7:15 am-1 pm)
- Vandeventer Ave from Forest Park Ave to Lindell (7:15 am-1 pm)
- In Forest Park, Union Drive from Lindell to Grand Road (7:15-10:45 am)
- In Forest Park, Grand from Jefferson Drive to Wells Drive (7:15-10:45 am)
- In Forest Park, Wells from Macklind Dr to McKinley Dr (7:15-10:45 am)
- In Forest Park, McKinley from Wells to Union (7:15-10:45 am)
- In Forest Park, Union from McKinley to Theatre (7:15-10:45 am)
- In Forest Park, Theatre from Union to Cricket Drive (7:15-10:45 am)
- In Forest Park, Cricket from Theatre to Grand (7:15-10:45 am)
- In Forest Park, Grand/Lagoon from Cricket to Skinker (7:15-10:45 am)
- Union from Delmar to Lindell, no southbound traffic (8:30 am-12:45 pm)
- Delmar from Skinker to Union Blvd., no eastbound traffic (8:25 am-12:45 pm)
- Kingshighway will remain open throughout the race and will serve a major thoroughfare allowing north/south traffic.
- Grand Blvd will be closed at Lindell Blvd from 7:30 am-9:30 am
I-44, I-64/40, Manchester Rd, and I-70 will remain open as east-west thoroughfares.
- Streets on the course in University City and Clayton will be open with limited access. On these streets, runners will have the right of way.
Westbound drivers from Illinois (I-55, I-64 & I-70), who are watching or participating in the downtown events should take I-70 West to the Memorial Drive Exit (251B) toward the Arch/Riverfront/Convention Ctr. Take a slight left onto Memorial Drive, turn left on Market Street, continue on Market toward the Start Line.
Eastbound drivers from Missouri (I-40) should consider taking the Jefferson St. exit or the 14th Street exit.
Schedule of Events for Go! St. Louis:
Friday, April 13, 2012
Health & Fitness Expo (11:00 am-7:00 pm, Chaifetz Arena)
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Health & Fitness Expo (10:00 am-7:00 pm, Chaifetz Arena)
Family Fitness Events in Forest Park (Cricket & Lindell Fields)
- 5K Run/Walk (8:00 am)
- Read, Right and Run Marathon® (9:15 am)
- Children's Fun Runs (10:45 am)
- Mature Mile (11:15 am)
Sunday, April 15, 2012
Endurance Events at Soldier's Memorial
- Marathon (7:00 am)
- Half Marathon (7:00 am)
- Marathon Relay (7:00 am)
More information can be found on the Go! St. Louis website.
Be sure to check out Show Me St. Louis anchor Julie Tristan's blog as she prepares for Go! St. Louis, at KSDK.com/marathon.