(KSDK) -- Kelly Maher, from the St. Louis District Dairy Council, stopped by Show Me St. Louis with two recipes to help beat the summer heat.
Click here to learn more about the Dairy Council.
Patriotic Fruit Pizza
Makes 20 servings
• 1 (20 oz) pkg. Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
• 4 cups sliced strawberries
• 1 pkg. (1.6 oz) sugar free vanilla instant pudding
• 3 cups skim milk
• 6 oz. light cream cheese (room temperature)
• I pkg. cool whip (optional for garnish)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 16 inch pan with non stick cooking spray. Slice cookie dough in ¼ inch slices. Arrange on pan so they are ½ to 1 inch apart. Bake for 18 to 20 min or until golden and set. Cool.
In a small mixing bowl combine pudding and milk. Beat on low to mix. Add cream cheese. Beat until smooth. Pour over cooled cookie crust. Arrange fruit in the pattern of the American Flag. Enjoy!
Fat: 8 g
Protein: 3.1 g
Calcium: 6 %
Homemade Pudding Pops
• 1 sm. Pkg. instant pudding mix (sugar free may be used)
• 2 c. cold milk
• Sm. Tub whipped cream
Combine pudding mix and milk. Beat until smooth. Add about 1 cup of whipped cream and blend well. Pour into molds and freeze.
Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 5.6 grams