(KSDK) -- July is national ice cream month.
Kelly Maher, from the St. Louis District Dairy, stopped by Show Me St. Louis to prepare ice cream cupcakes.
Ice Cream Cupcakes
• Funfetti Cake Mix(or flavor or choice)- ingredients to make per box directions
• ½ gallon cake batter ice cream (can use favorite flavor)
• 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy or whipping cream
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla paste or extract
• 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
Directions: Beat the cream and vanilla in a chilled non-reactive bowl with a whisk or an electric mixer just until they hold a loose peak. (Lift the beater from the cream and look at the shape of the peak at the end of the whisk; it should hold a lazy curve.) Sift the sugar over the cream and continue to beat just until it holds a soft peak. Take care not to over beat the cream or it will be look curdy. Serve, or refrigerate covered for up to 4 hours.
Directions for Ice Cream Cupcake:
Make the cake mix according to package directions and fill the bottom of 24 cupcakes with 1/4th of an inch of batter. Bake until the cake bounces back up (approx. 10 min). Once cooled, fill the remaining space in cupcake wrapper with ice cream and freeze until ice cream is hardened. (about 2 hours) Right before serving top with homemade whipped cream! Enjoy!