Ballwin, MO (KSDK)- Fire has caused considerable damage to a west St. Louis County home this morning, but the residents were all able to get out of the home uninjured.
Firefighters responded to the home in the 200 block of Reinke Road in Ballwin just before 2:00 a.m. Thursday and found the house was well involved in fire.
Investigators say a man and his wife were able to get out of the burning home safely. The homeowner told fire investigators he got up to use the bathroom around 1:40 a.m. when he saw the house was on fire.
By the time the couple got out of the burning home, firefighters were pulling up to the scene and quickly sounded a second alarm.
Fire equipment forced the closure of Reinke Road during the effort to put the fire out.
Preliminary indications suggest the fire may have started outside the back side of the residence, although investigators have not identified what ignited the blaze.
No injuries have been reported.