ST. LOUIS - How would you like to be mortgage or rent free for an entire year?
NewsChannel 5 and Scott Credit Union can make that happen! Now through April 21, you can register on NewsChannel 5's Facebook page and click on "Enter to win Home Free" and it will redirect you to the mortgage sweepstakes on Facebook.
You can enter once per day. The prize is your mortgage or rent paid for 12 months. After you successfully complete your entry, share on Facebook and Twitter to receive two extra entries automatically. If you don't have Facebook, you may register for a free account at Facebook.com.
The Rules are below.
'We'll Pay Your Mortgage or Rent for a Year!' Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the "We'll Pay Your Mortgage or Rent for a Year!"(the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal U.S. residents of the City of St. Louis, Missouri and the following counties: St. Louis County; MO, St. Louis City, MO; Calhoun, IL; Clay, IL; Randolph, IL; Washington, IL; Marion, IL; Fayette, IL; Montgomery, IL; Macoupin, IL; Greene, IL; Bond, IL; Jersey, IL; Madison, IL; Clinton, IL; St. Clair, IL; Monroe, IL; Pike, IL; Scott, IL; Morgan, IL; Effingham, IL; Jefferson, IL; Perry, IL; Williamson, IL; Phelps, MO; Reynolds, MO; Jefferson, MO; Franklin, MO; St. Charles, MO; Warren, MO; Lincoln, MO; Pike, MO; Gasconade, MO; Crawford, MO; Washington, MO; Iron, MO; St. Francois, MO; Ste. Genevieve, MO; Perry, MO; Bollinger, MO; Madison, MO; Wayne, MO; Butler, MO; Carter, MO; Dent, MO; Camden, MO; Marles, MO; Cole, MO; Montgomery, MO; Audrain, MO; Monroe, MO; Shelby, MO and Marion, MO who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and have a valid current monthly residential mortgage or rental lease obligation in his/her name in effect at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KSDK-TV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., Scott Credit Union and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and other agents, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win. Individuals who previously won a prize from Sponsor in any contest or sweepstakes during the previous thirty (30)-day period are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Members in good standing of Scott Credit Union as of the date of entry who meet the eligibility requirements stated above and who reside outside of the eligibility area are eligible to enter.
3. How ToEnter. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (C.T.) on Monday, April 7, 2014and ends at 7:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Monday, April 21, 2014 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Enter by visiting KSDK's Facebook page at website http://www.facebook.com/#!/ksdktv and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the "SEND" button. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry. Entries limited to one (1) entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period per email address. Two additional entries will be awarded to each entrant each time he or she uses the share function of the Sweepstakes with friends or followers through Twitter or Facebook and such friends enter the Sweepstakes.
Entries must be received by 7:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Monday, April 21, 2014.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook ID. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sponsor's website or in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. On or about April 22, 2014, one winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Odds The winner's monthly residential mortgage or rental lease from Scott Credit Union for a period of up to twelve (12) consecutive calendar months ("Payment Period") beginning with the May, 2014 payment cycle. The monthly prize amount will be based on winner's monthly, verified residential mortgage or rental lease payment obligation in effect as of April 20, 2014, capped at Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000) per calendar month. Payments will be made directly by Scott Credit Union to winner's mortgagee or rental lessor. Winner will not receive direct payments. In the event that the winner's mortgage or rental lease has fewer than twelve (12) months remaining as of April 20, 2014, winner will receive payments only for the period covering the remaining term of his or her residential mortgage or rental lease. Prize is applicable only for the winner's legal residence as of April 20, 2014 and will not extend to any other or future residences. If the winner changes legal residence during the Payment Period, he or she forfeits any further rights to the prize. Winner will be solely responsible for contacting Scott Credit Union regarding payment instructions and coordinating payments between Scott Credit Union and his or her mortgagee or rental lessor, which may include providing valid documentation evidencing current mortgage or lease rental obligations.
Total ARV of prize depends on amount of winner's monthly residential mortgage or rental lease payment obligation in effect as of April 20, 2014 and the number of months remaining on the winner's mortgage or rental lease during the Payment Period, to a maximum of $24,000.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The winner will be notified on or about April 22, 2014 at the email address provided on the winner's entry form. The winner must respond to Sponsor's notification by e-mail within 48 hours after notification. Failure to respond to Sponsor's e-mail notification or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. To claim prize, winner must personally visit Sponsor's offices at 1000 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63101within three (3) business daysafter notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (C.T) and 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) weekdays) to complete and return such affidavit/release. Valid photo identification and copy of monthly mortgage payment or monthly rental payment will be required. Claiming the prize also requires the notification and payment coordination process described in Section 5 of these Official Rules. Winner may waive their right to receive prizes. Prize is nonassignable and nontransferable. Prize is not redeemable for cash to winner. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Winner may be asked to appear on Sponsor's newscast, either live or recorded, regarding this Sweepstakes.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised bya virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Scott Credit Union and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Sponsor is not responsible for the operation of Scott Credit Union. Scott Credit Union is not responsible for operation of Sponsor.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The"We'll Pay Your Mortgage or Rent for a Year" is sponsored by KSDK. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available afterApril 30, 2014) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), "We'll Pay Your Mortgage for a Year Sweepstakes", 1000 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63101 If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Jeff Winget firstname.lastname@example.org 314-444-5224.