2014 St. Louis Race for the Cure Guide

Tens of thousands of runners will band together for the Race for the Cure on June 14.

Allison Sylte , KSDK

ST. LOUIS (KSDK) – When the first St. Louis Race for the Cure was held in 1999, 10,257 participants raised $309,000 for breast cancer research and awareness.

At its peak in 2010, that number swelled to 71,802 participants and $3.4 million raised – making the St. Louis Race for the Cure the largest in the country. More than 40,000 runners and walkers took part in 2013 race – a number that's expected to grow for 2014.

RELATED: Jason, Caitlin Motte named honorary chairs of Komen St. Louis race

If you're among those tens of thousands of runners taking part in this year's race, we've put together this fact sheet of information you need to know:

BASIC INFORMATION

When: Saturday, June 14

Where: Soldier's Memorial in Downtown St. Louis

Full schedule of race day events:

6:30 am Race Day Registration Opens

6:30 am Survivor Pavilion Opens

6:30 am Team Photos Begin

7:25 am Survivor Procession

7:55 am Aerobic Warm Up

8:25 am Wheelchairs Start

8:30 am Team Photos End

8:30 am 5K Timed Runners Start

8:45 am 5K Non-Timed and 1-Mile Runners/Walkers Start

9:30 am Awards Ceremony (on the Main Stage)

Other key dates:

06/07: Registration Blitz and Individual T-Shirt pick-up (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)

06/08: Registration Blitz and Individual T-Shirt pick-up (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)

06/11: Registration Blitz and Individual T-Shirt pick-up (9 a.m. to 7 p.m.) (The three locations include Chesterfield Mall, the St. Louis Galleria and St. Clair Square)

06/13: Last day for individual online registration (12 p.m.)

VIDEO: Survivor Dede talks to Mike and Kay

SOCIAL MEDIA

Use #KomenSTLRace

NEWSCHANNEL 5 PHONE BANK

Do you have any questions about the Race for the Cure?

You can get them answered on June 9 when NewsChannel 5 hosts a phone bank with Susan G. Komen representatives.

PREVIOUS STORY: Organization helps younger women with cancer

NEWSCHANNEL 5 TEAM INFORMATION

If you signed up for the Komen/MoBap team, we will be distributing t-shirts in the lobby of Building D at Missouri Baptist Medical Center on June 9 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

If those times don't work, you can also pick the shirts up at Breast HealthCare Center Suite 630 Building.

NEWSCHANNEL 5 SET

Thanks to new technology, the NewsChannel 5 set went pink for breast cancer awareness. It will stay that way up until the race.

COURSE MAP AND ROAD CLOSURES

We have an interactive map of the course map and road closures below. The dark pink signifies the course, and the light pink signifies road closures.

WHERE DOES YOUR MONEY GO?

According to the Susan G. Komen St. Louis website, 75 percent of the money raised during the race stays in the St. Louis community, and goes toward breast health and cancer screenings, education and support programs. The other 25 percent goes toward national research programs.

BREAST CANCER STATISTICS

(Data courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control and KomenSTL.org).