6000+ electric ranges recalled after plumber's death

The death of a plumber has prompted the recall of about 6,300 electric ranges due to shock and electrocution hazards.

The recall involves Bloomberg and Summit brand freestanding electric ranges. They can become energized because a screw was not installed to secure the grounding strap during manufacturing.

According to the consumer product safety commission, in August 2016, a 52-year-old professional plumber from Portsmouth, New Hampshire, died from electrocution when he came in contact with an energized range and a grounded object.

Consumers should stop using the recalled ranges, avoid contact until the electricity supply is shut off and contact Arcelik A.S. for a free on-site inspection and repair.

For more information, click here.

© 2017 NBCNEWS.COM


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment