Charges Filed Following Fight At St. Louis Galleria

6:48 PM, Nov 13, 2006   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

(KSDK) - Charges were filed Monday against four adults and five juveniles -- ranging in age from 13 to 19 -- following a fight inside the St. Louis Galleria shopping mall. The following people were charged in connection with Saturday night’s altercations: Richard Mallard, 26, of the 5900 block of Goodfellow in St. Louis was charged with third degree assault of a law enforcement officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and failure to comply. Christopher Hill, 17, of the 3800 block of Evans in St. Louis was charged with resisting arrest, failure to comply and disorderly conduct. Robin Topp, 21, of the 4700 block of Labadie in St. Louis was charged with third degree assault of a law enforcement officer, interfering with police, resisting arrest, failure to comply, and disorderly conduct. Micah Livingston, 17, of the 3500 block of Itaska in St. Louis was charged with disorderly conduct. He is free on bond. The other three suspects are in police custody and will appear before a Municipal Judge Monday night in Richmond Heights. The five juveniles were arrested on ordinance violations and released to their parents. They could face charges in St. Louis County Family Court. Police say about 50 people were involved in the altercation Saturday night. Police say the fight at the Galleria stemmed from an earlier incident between a 13- and 17-year-old during a basketball game at the Center of Clayton. Police say the fight inside the mall started downstairs in the food court and quickly spread to all three levels of the mall. The mall is located near the intersection of Highway 40 and Brentwood Blvd. in Richmond Heights. About 25 fights broke out and several neighboring police departments were called in to assist Richmond Heights officers. Richmond Heights Police regularly patrol the Galleria and say the while this was an isolated incident, they have noticed an increase in other crimes such as car break-ins since the opening of the Metrolink extension. "More people, easier access to the mall from all of the city and county. Whenever you make easier access and you get larger crowds you're going to have more crime,” says Richmond Heights Police Sgt. Marty Votaw. Police say they would have made more arrests if they had more manpower. The St. Louis Galleria issued a statement Monday afternoon: "The incident that occurred in our food court this weekend should not be a reflection of our commitment to the safety and well-being of the millions of shoppers that come to Saint Louis Galleria every year. An apparent carry-over from another location, it was a rare and isolated incident that was quickly quelled with the help of the Richmond Heights Police Department and the Saint Louis Galleria public safety team. It appears the actual incident began with only a few individuals; however, some bystanders were taken into custody for interfering with the police officers' attempts to handle this situation. Regardless, we are taking this incident seriously and with the help of the Richmond Heights police substation at the mall, as well as continued public safety tactics and measures, we are confident the Saint Louis Galleria will continue to be a pleasurable place to shop and dine." The incident remains under investigation.


Most Watched Videos