St. Louis (KSDK) -- The 14th annual Susan G. Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure®, locally presented by Wells Fargo Advisors, is less than 8 weeks away. It takes place Saturday, June 23, in downtown St. Louis.
The Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure raises funds for the local fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship, and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
Race co-chair Sharon Korn joined Art Holliday to talk about what people can expect at this year's Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure.
Registration is now open. It is $25 per person, $30 for the timed 5k run and $35 to Sleep In for the Cure.
KOMEN ST. LOUIS RACE FOR THE CURE REGISTRATION
Teams are a big part of the excitement on Race day. Anyone can form or join a team. So far, there are already more than 400 teams registered.
Money raised through Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure is used in our community to fund life-saving breast health services and vital breast cancer research. 75% of the net funds raised stays in the local community. The remaining 25% goes toward national breast cancer research programs, including research being done in St. Louis.
Since 1999, Komen St. Louis has awarded more than $19 million in grants to local organizations and contributed nearly $8 million for national breast cancer research.
To register for this year's race, visit KOMEN ST. LOUIS RACE FOR THE CURE.