Town and Country, MO (KSDK)- A police officer on routine patrol spotted smoke overnight while driving in the 13000 block of Clayton Road and although he thought it might be a brush fire, he discovered a house on fire instead.
The fire was inside the home in Town and Country, but the smell of smoke was enough to raise the curiosity of the unidentified officer who then notified the fire department.
The single family home did not indicate much fire damage on the exterior, but fire officials reported the interior damage was more significant.
The home was unoccupied after the resident had recently relocated from the home; however, the furnishings were still inside the home.
Fire investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen area of the home and may have smoldered for a time before spreading. No injuries reported.