Valley Park, MO (KSDK)- Fire officials in Valley Park suspect a fire was accidentally started while a homeowner was cooking on an outside grill early today.
Firefighters responded to the residence in the 900 block of Big Bend Station Road around 12:45 a.m. Wednesday and found the back side of the home ablaze.
Investigators say a woman called 911 to report the fire and according to a fire department official on scene, indicated the house apparently ignited while someone was cooking behind the home.
No injuries were reported and the investigation is continuing. Firefighters from Metro West Fire District and Fenton aided the Valley Park agency in putting the fire out.