Wood River, IL (KSDK) - A fire that is believed to have started in a garage spread into the living quarters of a home in Wood River early Monday.
Firefighters responded to the home in the 500 block of North Third Street around 2:30 a.m. and found lots of flames and smoke coming from the home.
A second alarm was sounded and additional firefighters responded to he;p extinguish the fire which had gotten into the attic and through the roof of the frame home.
No injuries reported, but damage was significant to the property. No immediate word on what sparked the fire.