LIVE VIDEO: First at Four    Watch
 

Man electrocuted in Franklin County

9:07 PM, Sep 5, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Franklin County, MO (KSDK) - A 39-year-old St. Clair, Missouri man was shocked by electricity Wednesday in Franklin County.

The Franklin County Sheriff's Office said deputies were called to a home under rehabilitation in Lake Arrowhead on Mohican Drive just before 6 p.m. for an accidental injury.

The victim was found at the bottom of a utility pole with severe burns on his chest, hands, and arms.

A ladder was propped up against an Ameren electric pole and appears to have been use to reach climbing hooks.

Investigators believe the man climbed the pole to the transformer and fell after he was shocked by electricity.

Pliers and 12 gauge wire was found on the ground.

A witness told deputies there was a loud zap and then saw the victim fall approximately 35 feet to the ground.

The victim was flown to a St. Louis hospital.

His condition has not been released.

KSDK

Most Watched Videos