Granite City, IL (KSDK) - An early morning fire that officials think got its start in an attached garage has caused extensive damage to a Granite City home.
Firefighters arrived to the location in the 1600 block of Garfield Avenue just after 3:00 a.m. and found the entire garage ablaze.
As efforts to control the fire were initiated, the flames had spread into the adjoining living space and roof of the home. Everyone living inside the house was able to get out safely after smelling smoke.
One person however was transported as a precaution after possibly taking in too much smoke.
Although fire investigators believe the fire did start in the garage, what sparked the fire has not been determined.