LIVE VIDEO: Today in St. Louis    Watch
 

North St. Louis carbon monoxide leak sends one to hospital

4:50 PM, Sep 24, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
(Courtesy: NewsChannel 5 Photojournalist Mark Mowrey)

St. Louis (KSDK) -- One person was hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak.

Captain Dan Sutter said the leak happened in the 1600 block of Hornsby Avenue in north St. Louis Monday afternoon.

The victim was conscious, and officials would not release any additional information about the person's condition.

Officials said a woman had turned on the stove to heat his house.  Neighbors said the woman reported feeling sick.  A neighbor went to check on her and found her passed out on the floor.

The fire department said people should not use their stove to heat the home and people should get a carbon monoxide detectors.

KSDK

Most Watched Videos