DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGER - KSDK NewsChannel 5, the Gannett-owned NBC affiliate in St. Louis, Missouri, seeks a creative individual with strong journalistic skills to fill a full-time Digital Content Manager position. Primary responsibilities include producing high-quality original content for KSDK's digital properties and social media channels as well as coordinating the day-to-day operations of digital platforms, including KSDK.com. This position is a newsroom management position reporting to the News Director.
• Work independently, effectively and with minimal oversight from management to communicate goals and assignments to online/digital team.
• Must be able to assume leadership role in the newsroom.
• Exercise discretion, judgment and solid journalistic/ethical decision making by selecting, creating and producing content that is compelling, clear, relevant, accurate, fair, creative and SEO-friendly.
• Work with newscast producers to ensure cross-promotion of broadcast, web, social media and mobile platforms.
• Write compelling story content with multi-media elements that connect our audience with social and viral networking sites outside of KSDK.com and bring them to our site.
• Work with all newsroom staffers to write and produce stories that are properly developed with rich content such as extra video, extended interviews and photo galleries.
• Develop and implement creative strategies that build interactivity with viewers and users on all platforms including social media.
• Collaborate with the promotions and sales teams to maximize digital strategy goals.
• Coach staff to write and produce effective SEO teases and promos for online sections and content.
• Adhere to all professional broadcast journalism standards in regard to legal and ethical issues.
A college degree is required and at least 3-5 years of experience, including management experience, is preferred.
Interested applicants should contact Ava Ehrlich at 314-444-5120 or email her at email@example.com.