Reading of Names of Fallen Veterans
• Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
• Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
• 1 Hairpin Dr
Edwardsville, IL 62025
• Location: Morris University Center MUC Goshen Lounge and West Slate
Ceremony Planned for Heroes Way Memorial Sign Dedication
SGT Brandon L. Wallace To Be Honored
• Friday, Nov. 9, at 1:45 p.m
• Crystal City High School Auditorium located at 1100 Mississippi Ave. in Crystal City, Mo. Exit 175 A on Interstate 55 will be named the SGT Brandon L Wallace interchange.
• Army Sgt. Brandon L. Wallace, of the 1451st Transportation Company, 13th Command, Iraq; died April 14, 2007 in Fallujah, Iraq, when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Wallace graduated from Crystal City High School in 1998 and was also a graduate of the St. Charles Police Academy.
U.S. Chamber to Host Hiring Our Heroes Job Fair for Veterans and Military Spouses in St. Louis
• WHAT: Hiring Our Heroes - St. Louis
• WHEN: Friday, November 9, 2012 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. CST
• WHERE: America's Center Convention Plaza (701 Convention Plaza St. Louis, Missouri 63101)
• RSVP: Interested employers and job seekers should register for free at hoh.greatjob.net. Walk-in job seekers are allowed (veterans must provide military ID).
Veterans Day Program
• Friday, November 9 a.m. at 11 a.m.
• St. Louis VA Health Care System along with St. Louis Symphony and Third Baptist Church are hosting a special Veterans Day Program
• Location: Third Baptist Church 620 North Grand Blvd. St. Louis, Missouri 63103
• The ceremony will be will feature Voice of the Veteran - Two Female Veterans stories of Service and National Recording Artist, Brian Owens along with the Dickson Quartet, Appearing courtesy of Saint Louis Symphony IN UNISON Program
• This free event is open to the public.
Parkway Celebrates Veterans Day
• WHERE: Barretts Elementary (1780 Carman Road Manchester, 63021)
• WHEN: Friday, November 9 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
• WHAT: Assembly with the entire school to honor the men and women who have served or are currently serving in the United States Armed Forces and are related to students or staff at Barretts. Last year, 103 veterans attended. Following the assembly, the veterans parade through the school as the children cheer them.
• Fifth graders participated in an essay contest called, "What does it mean to be a Veteran."
• CONTACT: Principal Dr. Kelli Moreton (314) 415-6000
Veterans Day Assembly
• Daniel Boone Elementary
• 201 West Highway D, New Melle, MO 63385
• Phone 636-851-4400
• Friday, Nov. 9th at 9:30 a.m. in the gymnasium
• If you have a veteran walking in with a student they need to meet in the new cafeteria at 9:00 to meet the student.
RWVA Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship & Heritage Clinic
• Free event
• Schedule: Sat 8:30am-5:00pm, Sun 8:00am-4:00pm (as conditions permit)
• All Participants are responsible for being prepared, Please be sure to read your confirmation e-mail. For Sunday only Participants, all of the skills will be taught on Saturday. We will attempt to catch you up the best we can.
• Attending an Appleseed Clinic will improve knowledge of History, Heritage and Marksmanship. Rifle Safety is a skill that all Youth should be exposed to and this skill should be reinforced at least yearly.
• As an Instructor, I see those who arrive with no knowledge leave with solid fundementals and Experienced individuals "brush up" on items they may need reminding of.
• With only 25 slots left, the time to sign up for this "Honoring Our Nations Original Veterans" is today.
Strike Up the Band
• Saturday, November 10, 2012, 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM
• A Veteran's Day Salute
• The Music Ministry of St. John"s Lutheran Church, 3517 Jeffco Boulevard, Arnold, invites you to "Strike Up The Band " A Veteran"s Day Salute" with a concert of Patriotic, American and Sacred Music on Saturday, November 10, at 7:00 pm in the Church Sanctuary.
• The concert will feature patriotic selections, a salute to the Armed Forces, patriotic selections, American music and other selections presented by the 50-voice Festival Choir and 40-piece Orchestra. Pastor Jeremy Becker, St. John"s new Pastor of St. John"s, will narrate the concert. . Active duty servicemen and veterans are invited to attend in uniform or military service hat.
• Tickets for the concert (which range from free to $25.00) are on sale now and may be obtained by calling the church office at 636.464.0096 or on-line at www.sjlcmusic.org.
• Cost: $25.00, $10.00, $5.00, $0.00
Bixby's Recognizes Veterans with Gift Card
• Saturday, November 10, 2012, 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
• Bixby's will recognize veterans with a $25 gift certificate to Bixby's Sunday Champagne Brunch
• Bixby's (5700 Lindell Saint Louis, MO 63112)
Veterans Day Parade
• Downtown St. Louis
• 20th & Market Street Historic downtown
Saint Louis, MO 63103
• All Day, Nov 10, 2012
DeSoto Park Veterans Day Parade
• All veterans, active duty and military families are invited to participate in the 5th Annual Veterans Day Parade!
• 10 am on Main Street, De Soto
• November 10 2012
• After the Parade, please come to the Luncheon and Resource Fair at the Knights of Columbus, on Hwy E in De Soto.
• Free lunch, Games, Photography, Resources, & Giveaways are part of this event.
• To enter the parade or the resource fair, please contact Kay Kite. 314-852-5485
St. Peters Veterans Day Ceremony
• Saturday, Nov. 10, beginning at 10 a.m.
• Veterans Memorial in front of St. Peters City Hall.
• Marine Veteran Tom Martin is scheduled to speak at the event. Mr. Martin was a member of the famous Carlson's Raiders of World War II.
• St. Peters Follies, a group of young performers from the city's Cultural Arts Centre's Performing Arts Studio, will also perform a musical tribute to veterans of all eras.
• In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved inside City Hall. St. Peters City Hall is located at One St. Peters Centre Blvd. in St. Peters.
Celebrate Veterans Day Colonial Style
• Listen to the sounds of the Lewis and Clark Fife and Drum Corps (1:00pm and 2:30pm) and watch the stirring theater performance Joseph Plumb Martin: Soldier of the American Revolution (1:45pm) Series:Second Sunday Celebrations
• When: Sunday, November 11 2012 at 1:00 pm
• Where: Missouri History Museum, AT&T Foundation Multipurpose Room
• Cost: Free
• Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on printShare on emailShare on facebook_like
Saint Louis Chamber Chorus: What Do You Think I Fought For?
• Christ Church Cathedral (Thirteenth & Locust Street Saint Louis, MO 63103)
• All Day, Nov 11, 2012
• We Veterans' Day by examining the motives and fates of those who fight, from warriors of old to America's "greatest generation."
• Cost: $10-$28 - also see our Young Friends Package * contact the Presenting Organization listed below for ticketing information
Veterans Day Concert
• The Ellisville Police Department in conjunction with St. John Church and the Parkway Chamber Music String Ensemble is honoring veterans with a Veteran's Day Concert.
• Sunday, Nov. 11th at 2:00pm
O'Fallon Veterans Day
• O'Fallon will honor U.S. veterans at a Veterans Day ceremony beginning at 11 a.m.
• Nov. 11 at the O'Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk, 800 Belleau Creek Road.
• The ceremony will include welcoming remarks by Mayor Bill Hennessy and remarks by keynote speaker Brig. Gen. Edmund T. Beckette. Two local students will read their winning essays submitted to the VFW's "The Voice of Democracy" contest and "The Patriot's Pen." Hennessy and Vietnam veteran Sheldon Hartsfield will dedicate two benches built for the Veterans Memorial Walk by Eagle Scouts Logan Funderburk and Joshua Anderson of Troop 858.
• Free parking is available. For more information, contact Conan Stott at 636-379-5550.
St. Charles Veterans Day
• Ceremony at 11 a.m. Sunday
• Bishop's Landing on the St. Charles riverfront.
• Tom Kuypers, chairman of the St. Charles Veterans Commission, is the master of ceremonies.
• The St. Charles Municipal Band will perform, and Ruth Scheidegger will sing the national anthem. Tom Bieser, chaplain for VFW Post 2866 in St. Charles, will give the invocation. Clara Scott, of American Legion Post 312, will lead the Pledge of Allegiance. St. Charles Mayor Sally Faith and Chuck Gross, county director of administration, will speak.
• The keynote speaker is Bob Murphy, a service officer for VFW 2866.
American Legion Reading of Names
• American Legion Post 58 Freeburg, IL.
• November 11th at Noon.
St. Charles Community College Veterans Celebration
• WHAT: Veterans Day Celebration with keynote speaker Lt. Gen. Kathleen M. Gainey, deputy commander of U.S. Transportation Command at Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
• WHO: Open to the community
• WHEN: 11 a.m. Monday, Nov. 12
• WHERE: St. Charles Community College, College Center, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, Cottleville, Mo.
• Keynote address by Lt. Gen. Kathleen M. Gainey, deputy commander of U.S. Transportation Command, words from SCC's president, Ron Chesbrough, a color guard presentation by local veterans organizations and performances from the SCC concert band, singers and a bagpiper. The ceremony will close with the playing of "Taps."
Lake St. Louis Veterans Day Celebration
• 11 a.m. Monday in Veterans Memorial Park, adjacent to the Lake Saint Louis Civic Center at 101 Civic Center Drive.
• Retired Army Maj. Gen. Robert M. Carrothers of Lake Saint Louis is the featured speaker. Don Smedshammer, a former newscaster for KMOX radio, will serve as master of ceremonies. The men's choir of First Baptist Church in Lake Saint Louis will provide music.
Parkway Veterans Breakfast
• WHERE: Oak Brook Elementary (510 Big Bend Ballwin, MO 63021)
• WHEN: Monday, November 12
o 7:45 a.m. - Breakfast begins
o 8:00 a.m. - Introductions by Mr. Helton, Assistant Principal (USAF)
o 8:05 a.m. - Guest Speaker Dr. Marty, Superintendent
o 8:25 a.m. - Medals made by 5th grade in art class will be presented to veterans
o by the student that invited them to the ceremony
o 8:30 a.m. - Parade of Honor - Veterans will parade through the building to be greeted by students from each grade level.
• WHAT: Breakfast and ceremony for Oak Brook families and veterans.
Free haircuts for veterans and active military
• Monday, November 12, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• The Hair Saloon for Men is offering free haircuts for veterans and active duty members of the United States Military.
• For locations and more information on the Hair Saloon for Men, visit their website.