St. Louis Police Chief Dan Isom.
St. Louis, MO (KSDK) - Twelve people have applied to be Dan Isom's successor as chief of the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department.
The list is comprised of nine men and three women.
Per department rules, candidates must come from within the SLMPD, be a St. Louis City resident, and hold the rank of captain or higher.
The full list of candidates is as follows:
- Captain Michael Caruso - 58 years of age, 35 years of service
- Captain D. Samuel Dotson - 43 years of age, 18 years of service
- Captain Mary Edwards-Fears - 52 years of age, 26 years of service
- Lt. Colonel Reggie Harris - 55 years of age, 33 years of service
- Captain Rochelle Jones - 55 years of age, 29 years of service
- Captain Edward Kuntz - 57 years of age, 32 years of service
- Lt. Colonel Paul Nocchiero - 59 years of age, 34 years of service
- Lt. Colonel Lawrence O'Toole Sr. - 54 years of age, 28 years of service
- Lt. Colonel Timothy Reagan - 56 years of age, 35 years of service
- Captain Ronnie Robinson - 53 years of age, 22 years of service
- Captain Gwen Spicer - 54 years of age, 33 years of service
- Captain Joseph Spiess - 51 years of age, 24 years of service
Chief Dan Isom will leave the department on January 1, 2013. The University of Missouri-St. Louis hired Isom for its nationally ranked Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice.
The Board of Police Commissioners expects to have a new chief in place when Isom steps down, if not sooner.