De Soto ( KSDK ) -- A family who lost everything in a house fire on Thanksgiving, is still thankful.
The owners of a rural De Soto home were visiting neighbors Thursday afternoon, when they heard an explosion and saw their house going up in flames.
The fire gutted the home in the 13000 block of Klondike Road shortly before 2 p.m.
Fire officials tell NewsChannel 5 that propane tanks behind the house appear to be the source of the blast.
Two puppies found in the debris of the fire were rescued and are expected to be fine.