Caseville home damaged by fire sparked by broken power line

6:51 AM, Dec 21, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Caseyville, IL (KSDK) - Fire damage was contained to a portion of the roof and the chimney of a home in St. Clair County Illinois Friday morning.

Firefighters from several metro east departments responded to the fire on Hadfield Lane, east of Illinois Route 157 around 4:15 a.m. today.

A utility pole on the property may have been impacted by the gusty winds over the past 24 hours, bending the pole and snapping a power line running to the home.

Initial indications suggest the arcing line then sparked a small fire alongside the chimney, spreading to parts of the roof.

Fire damage was contained to the upper portion of the home, however smoke damage was expected to be found inside the home.

The residents were able to get out safely and there were no injuries reported.

Most Watched Videos