ST. LOUIS COUNTY (KSDK) - A first floor condominium unit in Oakville was destroyed by fire Monday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the New England Village condos shortly after 2 p.m.
A second floor unit also had some fire damage but was not destroyed.
Authorities say the fire was caused by a contractor who was doing maintenance on an HVAC unit. The fire started in the back of the apartment near the equipment.
When firefighters arrived on the scene the unit was fully engulfed in flames.
No one was injured.
The Lemay Fire Department and Rock Church Fire Department assisted the Mehlville Fire Department in getting the fire under control.