By Heidi Glaus
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KSDK) - Christmas is a distant memory, but if you have young children you probably see reminders daily thanks to toys cluttering every corner.
Heidi Glaus talked to Laurie Corners, a professional organizer with Simplified Living Solutions, about how to clear some of that clutter.
Here are her five simple tips:
1. Take inventory of all toys and sort by category.
2. Purge. Toys with broken pieces should be tossed.
3. Set up zones. Arts and crafts might go in the kitchen, near a sink.
4. Contain and label. If you have younger kids put a picture on the box or basket.
5. Maintain. Teach your child how to keep the space in order and continually purge toys.
To learn more about clearing the clutter check out the link to Simplified Living Solutions.