UNION, Mo. (KSDK) - Firefighters in Union have learned what started the fire that claimed the lives of a mother and her two children last Friday night.
Samantha Cooksie, 24, died with her 6-year-old daughter Allison and 1-year-old son Logan.
The fire occurred Friday night around 10:30 p.m. in the 400 block of Independence Drive. By the time firefighters got to their mobile home in Union, flames were shooting from the house and the structure engulfed.
Investigators determined the fire began in the living room, where a space heater had been running.