KSDK - Identity theft is one of the fastest growing forms of fraud today. To help you protect your identity, Michelle Corey, President of the Better Business Bureau joined NewsChannel 5's Dana Dean with some tips and information about an upcoming event.
Tips to protect identity:
* Shred statements & applications
* Don't create obvious passwords
* Protect ssn, account numbers & passwords
* Monitor bank & credit card transactions
* If victimized, report it immediately
"Shred Day" is Saturday, April 20, at Saint Louis Galleria, I-64 at Brentwood Blvd. Consumers can shred up to three boxes of documents from 8 a.m. to noon that day. For more information call the BBB at 314-645-3300.