By Lindsey Tugman
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Dishwashing soap isn't just for scrubbing plates. This morning we're showing you five surprising uses for this super liquid.
Check out the full list from Reader's Digest: 6 Extraordinary Uses for Dishwashing Liquid
1. Wash away ants - Get rid of them with a simple 50-50 solution of water and white vinegar with a dash of dishwashing liquid. You can substitute glass cleaner for the vinegar if you want. Just spray the affected area with the mix, wait a few minutes, then return to your picnic.
2. Kill weeds kindly - Mix one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid with one cup of salt and one gallon of white vinegar. Pour the solution on weeds sprouting in the cracks and crevices of sidewalks, front walks, and patio pavers.
3. Green your lawn - Fill the reservoir of a 10 or 20 gallon hose-end sprayer with water and 12-ounce can of beer or non-diet cola, one cup of corn syrup and one cup of dishwashing liquid. The dishwashing liquid helps spread the concoction more evenly across your lawn
4. Keep it cool - Clean your foam or metal mesh air conditioner filters once a month during the summer. Soak the filter in a bath of warm water and dish soap, and then scrub it gently with a toothbrush. Once you've removed any debris, rinse it and dry it completely.
5. Add life to your locks - If your hair isn't looking so lovely, try mixing a dollop of dishwashing liquid into your shampoo. It fights grease in hair, as well as on dishes!