LIVE VIDEO: Today in St. Louis    Watch
 

Woman using lighter to illuminate under her bed catches home on fire

8:22 PM, Jun 21, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

BERKELEY, Mo. (KSDK) - A woman accidentally caught her bed on fire Friday evening with a lighter.

A Berkeley firefighter says the woman was using a lighter to illuminate the area under her bed as she searched for her keys at her home in the 8400 block of Alder around 6:45 p.m.

The flame touched the bed, and the bed caught on fire. The fire spread rapidly, and caused heavy damage to the home.

The woman and one other person were treated at the scene for minor burns.

KSDK

Most Watched Videos