Apr 21, 2013; Kansas City, KS, USA; NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Matt Kenseth (20) celebrates winning the STP 400 at Kansas Speedway. Mandatory Credit: Mike DiNovo-USA TODAY Sports
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. and NEW YORK (KSDK Sports) - NASCAR will return to NBC beginning in 2015, the two organizations said Tuesday.
A 10-year agreement grants NBC and its family of networks exclusive rights to the final 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races and final 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series events. This includes NASCAR's season-ending championship event which will return to network television for the first time since 2009.
NBC will share the NASCAR schedule with FOX, which signed a recent extension with the racing company, according to NASCAR.
Previously, NBC shared the television contract with Fox from 2001 to 2006.
Here is a summary of NBC Sports Group exclusive NASCAR rights from 2015 to 2024:
- Final 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races (7 on NBC, 13 on NBCSN)
- Final 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series races (4 on NBC, 15 on NBCSN)
- NASCAR K&N Series and NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour events
- NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) Series events
- NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony and season-ending banquets
- 'TV Everywhere' live-streaming rights for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series
- Spanish-language broadcast rights on Telemundo and Mun2 for national series events and NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) Series
The new agreement ends ESPN and Turner Sport's eight year partnership with NASCAR that began in 2007.
NewsChannel 5 intern Michael Rich contributed to this report.