Gail Paschall-Brown, WESH-TV
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (WESH) - A 7-month-old Kissimmee, Florida child died after eating a laundry detergent pod that was left on a bed Friday.
According to police, the child and the child's mother live in a battered women's shelter.
The mother took the pod and put it on the bed where the child was sleeping, and she stepped out of the room for a moment to speak with a shelter official.
When she went back to the room, the child was eating the detergent, police said. The child was rushed to the hospital where he died.
Read more at WESH.com.