Elizabeth Wilkowski says electronic cigarette exploded

12:51 PM, Sep 3, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

ATLANTA (WSB/CNN) - A woman in Atlanta says an electric cigarette nearly destroyed her home.

Elizabeth Wilkowski says she plugged her E-Hit cigarette into her computer to charge when it exploded.

Wilkowski says the rag she used to protect her hand caught fire as she yanked the cigarette out of the computer. She says the flames from the cigarette also scorched her couch and rug.

"It sounded like a bomb, okay; my walls rattled, okay, everything. It shook the house up. I screamed, you know? It was a real freak out moment," she said.

The owner of the store where Wilkowski bought the cigarette says he no longer carries the brand, E-Hit. He's offered to replace her cigarette with a brand from a different distributor.

So far, there has been no response from E-Hit.

WSB/CNN

Most Watched Videos