ST. LOUIS (KSDK) - With the growing amount of information available in the online world, protecting your identity and personal information is more crucial than ever.
There are a number of resources available to consumers that will help protect and prevent fraud incidents, and we've gathered five easy-to-use sources here.
• Annualcreditreport.com allows consumers to pull their credit report annually from the three tracking agencies Equifax, Experian and TransUnion for free. There's also the option of pulling a report from each agency every three months. For a nominal fee, consumers can also check their credit score through the site. Check out the website for a free copy of your report.
• If you want to check your report more frequently, consumers can directly order a credit report from any of the three agency websites, Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
• The Federal Trade Commission has a consumer page where people can find information and resources regarding a range of topics for privacy and identity, including repairing identity theft, protecting your identity and even protecting your kids online. For more information about these tips and more, check out the website here.
• The St. Louis Better Business Bureau also posted a YouTube video on consumer safety tips for protecting your identity, which can be viewed below.
• Also, St. Louis area residents will have the opportunity to gain further identity theft protection with Clearpoint Credit Counseling's Secure Your ID Day Oct. 5. People will be able to shred and recycle electronics safely as well as gain other identity theft prevention tips and resources. For more information, check out the organization's website.
St. Louis Better Business Bureau Identity Theft Tips