CINCINNATI, Ohio --- An 18-year-old woman was arrested after she lied about being attacked by a knife-wielding person dressed as a clown Saturday, according to police.
Alexsandra Conley of Hamilton has been charged with making false reports, according to Reading police.
Conley said she was attacked at Jefferson and Southern avenues just after 6 a.m. Saturday morning.
"After an in-depth investigation, several inconsistencies were found in her story," police said in a statement. "As a result we have now confirmed that her report was false and she has admitted that she made up the story because she was running late for work and didn't want to lose her job."
Reading Chief of Police Scott Snow said this incident was not related to the reported attack Friday morning that closed Reading schools. That situation is still under investigation, Snow said.
- What we know about creepy clown reports
- Montgomery sheriff to clown: 'We're going to find you'
- Reports of creepy clowns in woods expand into second state
- More clowns reported in woods in South Carolina
- Reports: Clown trying to lure kids into woods