WIN TICKETS TODAY IN ST. LOUIS
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, Making a Difference – Gold Medal Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the City of St. Louis, Missouri and the following counties: St. Louis County; MO, St. Louis City, MO; Calhoun, IL; Clay, IL; Randolph, IL; Washington, IL; Marion, IL; Fayette, IL; Montgomery, IL; Macoupin, IL; Greene, IL; Bond, IL; Jersey, IL; Madison, IL; Clinton, IL; St. Clair, IL; Monroe, IL; Phelps, MO; Reynolds, MO; Jefferson, MO; Franklin, MO; St. Charles, MO; Warren, MO; Lincoln, MO; Pike, MO; Gasconade, MO; Crawford, MO; Washington, MO; Iron, MO; St. Francois, MO; and Ste. Genevieve, MO. Who are 18 years or older at the time of entry (each, a “Nominator”). Eligible nominees must also reside in the same geographical area and be at least 21 years or older at the time of the nomination (each, a “Nominee”). Employees and contractors of KSDK-TV (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., and each of its respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to be a Nominator or Nominee. Nominees are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30)-day period, regardless of the number of Sponsor sweepstakes entered. Nominees who are selected as Winners must be willing to appear and be interviewed on Sponsor’s broadcast regarding their volunteer efforts. Sponsor will contact each of the Nominees for consent to such appearance.
3. How to Enter: The Contest will begin at 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Friday, July 13, 2012 and end at 6:30 p.m. (C.T.) on Friday, July 27, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
To enter, complete an official entry form available online by visiting Making a Difference – Gold Medal Contest official registration page on the KSDK-TV website www.ksdk.com and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Nominators will submit an essay describing how the person they select as a Nominee has volunteered their efforts to serve the St. Louis area and the contact information for the Nominee. Nominators must also include their own personal contact information. As an option, Nominators may also submit a photograph of the Nominee in the entry. All photograph digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible. Sponsor will accept the formats of jpeg or tiff. Contestants certify that any individuals of any age shown in photos furnished, and the parents and/or legal guardians of any children shown in any photos furnished, have been informed that their, or their child’s, photo has been entered in a Contest and have no objection to Contestant’s submission and Sponsor’s display and posting of such photo for purposes of this Contest. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. All entries, may be posted on all Sponsor’s websites, or displayed on KXTV’s newscasts, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only one (1) photo and description may be submitted per entry. Entries submitted by the same entrant under different user accounts will be disqualified. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SEND” button. All essays must be the sole, original work of the entrant, must be typewritten or legibly printed in English, and must be limited to 500 words or less. None of the essays or photographs may have been previously published or won awards. Judges may disqualify previously published essays or photographs, including any that have won previous awards or competitions, or that Sponsor deems to contain offensive, indecent or inappropriate material, contain trademarks, service marks, or infringe on the rights of others. Nominators acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries, including the photographs, in any way it seems fit without limitation or compensation to Nominators.
Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by 6:30 p.m. (C.T.) on Friday, July 27, 2012.
Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor regarding Sponsor’s products and services. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. A panel of judges selected by Sponsor will judge all eligible entries received on or about Friday, July 27, 2012. The criteria used for judging will include impact on the community, quantity of their volunteer efforts, and originality and dedication in making St. Louis a better place. The ten (10) submissions that receive the highest scores will be the Winners. Decisions of judges and Sponsor shall be final and binding. Equal weight will be given to each of these criteria. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be rejudged on the same criteria listed above. There will be a total of ten (10) Winners. The Winners will be the Nominees submitted in the winning entry. Winners must be willing to appear and be interviewed on Sponsor’s broadcasts regarding their volunteer efforts.
5. Prizes and Odds. The ten (10) winners will receive a Making a Difference Gold Medal plaque (ARV: $65.00) and a cash prize of $500.00 (ARV: $500). ARV of total prize: $565.00.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Nominator and the Winners will be notified on or about July 27, 2012. Sponsor will call the Nominator at the telephone number provided on winner’s entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. After contacting and confirming the eligibility of the Nominator by phone, Sponsor will contact the Winners by phone at the contact information provided in the winning entries. Winners will also be identified by name during Sponsor’s “Making A Difference” broadcast segments. Winners who are unwilling or unable to appear on Sponsor’s broadcast will not be eligible to win the prize. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, each Nominator and Nominee agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each Nominator grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the Nominator’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each Nominator and Nominee agree that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Making a Difference, Gold Medal Contest is sponsored by KSDK-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after August 13, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.ksdk.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Making a Difference, Gold Medal Contest, 1000 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63101. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Jeff Winget at email@example.com or call 314-444-5224.