Jefferson County fire caused by lamp

BARNHART, Mo. (KSDK) – Firefighters say the blaze that broke out earlier this morning at a mobile home along Upper Moss Hollow Road was caused by the heat lamps used to keep chickens warm on the side of the house.

The house's occupants made it outside of the home uninjured, but the chickens died in the fire. The house was a total loss.

Authorities say they had a hard time extinguishing the blaze since the house was in a no-fire hydrant zone. Extra tankers had to be called in to put the fire out.

No additional information was immediately available.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment