Benefit to aid man burnt in explosion

Doug Behme died from complications of the burn in April.

ST. LOUIS, MO. - A benefit to raise money for the family of a Metro East man terribly burned in an explosion back in April was held Saturday night.

Doug Behme died as a result of complications from the burns he sustained in a natural gas explosion in Maryville. He left behind a wife and children.

Saturday, the Annual Jeffro's Angels Chicken and Beer Fundraiser brought in money for the family.

Organizers raised $10,000 in tickets alone for the fundraiser, and $5,000 more with the silent auction. Altogether, officials said they raised about $17,000 so far.

100% of the proceeds went to the Behme family.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment