ST. CHARLES, Mo. – Four firefighters were injured Sunday evening while responding to a fire at a home in St. Charles.
The fire started around 7:30 p.m. in the basement of a home in the 600 block of Nancy Drive.
Four City of St. Charles firefighters had to bail out a window after becoming trapped inside the home, and a Mayday call went out. Two of the firefighters were taken to SSM St. Joseph Health Center in St. Charles. They were treated and released. The other two were transported to Mercy Hospital in Creve Coeur. One of those firefighters was released later Sunday evening. All four suffered burns. None of the injuries are considered life-threatening.
Officials say the residents of the home made it out safely before firefighters arrived. A dog was rescued from the home and resuscitated.
The fire is believed to have started in the fireplace.