Elected officials, Bi-State Development leadership and Law Enforcement officials agreed to a plan to improve MetroLink security.
The plan will include an increase in patrol officers and a joint law enforcement task force that will have a headquarters at the Delmar Loop MetroLink Stop at Washington University.
Officers with the task force will be encouraged to operate in all three jurisdictions the MetroLink services.
The plan came out of a meeting attended by:
- St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson
- St. Louis County Commissioner Steve Stenger
- St. Clair County Chairman Mark Kern
- St. Louis County Police Chief John Belmar
- acting SLMPD Chief Larry O'Toole
- St. Clair County Sheriff Rick Watson
- Bi-State Development board members David Dietzel, Constance Gully and Vincent Schoemehl
St. Louis County Captain Scott Melies will lead the task force.
This story will be updated when more information becomes available.
© 2017 KSDK-TV