Metro fare increases coming July 1

ST. LOUIS - The cost of a MetroLink one-ride trip, as well as the weekly, monthly, and university semester passes will change beginning next month.

The Bi-State Developmental Agency Board of Commissioners, which operates the Metro transit system in the St. Louis region, approved the fare increase.

The agency cites higher fuel costs, vehicle parts, and medical benefit expenses as reasons for the fare increase. Passenger revenue accounts for 22 percent of overall funding for Metro, while the remaining 78 percent is paid for by taxpayers.

One-ride MetroLink fare will go from $2.25 to $2.50, weekly passes will increase from $25 to $27, monthly passes will jump $72 to $78, and a semester transit pass will cost $175, up from $150.

These price increases will take effect July 1, the start of the agency's new fiscal year.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment