Neighbor's quick actions help save home in Belleville

The quick actions of a Belleville man helped his neighbor escape a scary situation.

A Belleville man’s quick actions helped saved his neighbor’s home after her car caught fire. It happened Thursday morning.

Kris Armstrong said he saw smoke and flames coming from the car of his next door neighbor, Dominique Reid. He grabbed his hose, and told his nephew to alert Reid of the fire. Reid and her four-month-old son escaped, uninjured.

"It is awesome. It is so great to have neighbors like him. We love our neighbors," Reid said.

"We have a really strong community here and I don't think anyone else would have done any less," Armstrong said.

The Belleville Fire Chief said the fire started may have started because an air compressor was being used to inflate a tire. The compressor had been running unattended for several minutes, and it may have over-heated.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment