Static electricity may have caused fire, explosion

PACIFIC, Mo. – Authorities believe they know what caused a foam explosion at a lab in Pacific, Mo. Wednesday night.

Pacific Fire Chief Scott Friedman says workers were doing testing in a fire containment booth at Clayton Corporation, which caused a flash fire and explosion. He says the fire may have been ignited by static electricity.

The victim, identified only as a female, is recovering from first-degree burns and has been released from Mercy Hospital.

There was minor damage to the fire containment booth.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment