South St. Louis (KSDK) - A smoky fire inside a south St. Louis residence has left significant damage to the residence.
No one was home when the fire call came out at the home in the 4200 block of Connecticut Avenue around 1:00 a.m. this morning.
Little fire was detected when firefighters first arrived, and after making entry inside the structure, they eventually located the smoldering fire that had sent smoke throughout the building.
Once the fire was extinguished, firefighters ventilated the house in an attempt to learn more about what might have sparked the fire.
No injuries reported.