The Boathouse in Forest Park catches fire

ST. LOUIS – The Boathouse in Forest Park caught fire Wednesday afternoon.

The fire started around 4 p.m. Firefighters say it likely started in the chimney, and made its way to the wooden roof, catching the wooden shingles on fire.

The building was moderately damaged and will be closed for some time as the structure is restored. Officials say the structure is salvageable.

Firefighters say they fought the fire both inside and outside. It was put out by 6 p.m. Firefighters are staying at the scene to make sure hot spots are extinguished.

No one was injured.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment