1. Leading up to the 9/16 launch of the iPhone 7, the market capitalization of the company increased more than $67 billion over just 4 days. That's more than the market cap of Colgate-Palmolive.
2. Apple has sold more than a billion iPhones. There are only about 5.5 billion people in the world aged 15 and older.
3. In 2015, the most profitable company in the world made more than $53.4 billion in profits. Second to Apple was JP Morgan Chase & Co, with "only" $24.4 billion in profit.
4. Apple co-founder Ron Wayne, who had a 10% stake in the business, sold all of his shares for $800 in 1976. Today, they would have been worth about $60 billion.
5. Next year, 13,000 Apple employees will move into a new $5-billion "Spaceship Campus" in Cupertino, California, commissioned by Steve Jobs in 2009. The four-story circular building is more than a mile around, and will contain a $75-million fitness center, and a 1,000-seat underground auditorium where Apple may introduce the iPhone 8.
This article was provided by our partners at moneytips.com.
To Read More From MoneyTips: