GLEN CARBON, ILL. - Three people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation following a fire to their home early Tuesday morning.
This happened in the East 30 Trailer Park off Glen Crossing Road in Glen Carbon. A couple and their teenage son escaped the fire that crews say likely started below the mobile home and traveled to the inside. Two pets inside did not survive.
The call came in around 3:30 a.m. and the Glen Carbon, Maryville, and Edwardsville departments all responded. The Glen Carbon fire chief credits crews' quick action with saving the outside structure of the home, though the inside will likely have to be gutted due to smoke damage.
© 2017 KSDK-TV