ST. LOUIS - The ‘Fantasy Food Fare’ competition in north St. Louis has been narrowed down to ten contestants.
The winner will receive business support, two years free rent in an outfitted commercial kitchen in Old North, a $2,500 mini-grant and additional assistance is possible if staff is hired from the surrounding community or from North City non-profit partners.
On July 11, contestants will give their business plan pitch in front of a panel. The top three will be announced on July 25.
On August 19, the 2017 winner will be announced.
1. Old North Provisions- James Forbes (Organic)
2. Rhythm and Thyme-Chris Bell (General)
3. Miss Leon’s-Leon Braxton (Soul Food)
4. Park’s Meat and Three-John Perkins (Social enterprise)
5. Layla North-Jason Sparks (Burgers)
6. Mable Brown Restaurant-Euylan Welch (American/French Fusion)
7. Simply Sweet Sensations, LLC-Jair Bush (Bakery, Comfort Food)
8. The Jar Bar-Yashica McKinney (Desserts/Soul Food)
9. Amighetti’s Old North-Anthony Favazza (Italian)
10. Grass Roots Eatery-Richard Wolf (Mediterranean)
© 2017 KSDK-TV